3 Ways OpenGov Maps Helps You Manage Your Government
Every day, your agency strives to ensure it serves the entire community. This often requires analyzing geographic information, using maps, to better allocate resources and track results. However, many legacy technologies are purpose-built for GIS teams, making it difficult for managers to view and create maps on the fly.
We built OpenGov Maps from the ground up to provide self-service analysis to everyone in your agency. Simply upload your location based data into OpenGov, and in a matter of seconds, you can explore this information using a variety of dynamic map visualizations. Here are three ways we think OpenGov Maps can help your agency:
Uncover Economic Development and Growth Opportunities
- Analyze sales tax revenues using OpenGov’s dynamic heat maps.
- Quickly discover areas of growth or stagnation to better plan economic development campaigns and resource allocations.
OpenGov’s Finance Expert and Sausalito, California’s former Finance Director Charlie Francis explains how “a key priority in government is to balance service delivery against revenues across residential, commercial, and industrial parcels. Visualizing this data in a heat map reveals areas that may require economic vitalization, enabling officials to optimize for future service delivery.”
Manage Grants and Ensure Compliance With Geographic Requirements
Many grants stipulate that grant funds should be allocated across projects and programs across the jurisdiction’s physical boundaries. OpenGov Maps enables you to demonstrate the even distribution of these funds, and communicate your initiatives to council, constituents, grantors, and staff.
Communicate Your Capital Project Priorities
- Better communicate the status and magnitude of ongoing and proposed capital improvement projects.
- Empower your citizens to see which projects are in a specific district or neighborhood.
- Foster collaboration among businesses, constituents, and other stakeholders to better inform on the city’s priorities.
Maps is a powerful new feature of OpenGov Intelligence, OpenGov’s easy-to-use, self-service management reporting and analytics platform. Maps helps you better communicate about your capital projects, gain insights into your building permits, visualize trends in public safety, or analyze any other location-based data.
Category: Product Advice