Smarter Decisions With Facility Condition Assessments
A Facilities Condition Assessment (FCA) is an important tool for Facilities Managers. Typically contracted out to an outside engineering firm, an FCA team will use industry-standard processes to evaluate all the major systems in a collection of facilities and determine their remaining useful life. They will also describe any repair or replacement tasks that will need to be undertaken in the next few years. Deliverables from an FCA will typically include:
- An asset inventory of all assessed assets along with value and remaining useful life estimates.
- A list of necessary repair or replacement tasks for each asset with anticipated costs.
- An investment plan that prioritizes and sequences capital and operational expenditures for the time period covered by the plan.
- Optionally, the FCA vendor can create preventative maintenance plans for your business-critical assets.
- A calculated Facility Condition Index (FCI) for each facility. The Facility Condition Index is calculated as the sum of all deferred maintenance divided by the overall value of the facility. The FCI can be a useful way to compare and contrast the relative health of individual facilities across your portfolio.
There are many advantages to this approach:
- An FCA can provide new and updated asset inventory data for all your most important assets.
- FCA-differed maintenance can be loaded directly into actionable tasks.
- As you complete work against assets with our mobile app, their condition will be automatically updated in the software. Any change in condition or remaining useful life will automatically flow up to the Facilities Condition Index and allow the budget forecasts you create with Scenario Builder to be continually updated with current and accurate asset conditions.
By incorporating our software into your FCA business process, OpenGov becomes your comprehensive facilities operations platform for all your assets, indoors, outdoors, above or below ground. But don’t just take our word for it, hear it from our customers:
“[Their] staff helped us tailor the software to meet the demands of our extensive software requirements. The team also provided a clear plan to meet the project objectives and our business goals.”John Cox, Facilities Information Section Manager, NC Department of Administration
Categories: Asset Management, Product Advice