Ravalli County, Montana Saves Time and Money with Modern Budgeting
Why did you choose OpenGov?
Nothing else came close to OpenGov. The networking among counties and cities showed us what we could do, and we were wowed. It only took a couple of meetings to sell it with everyone internally. A big selling point was that it supports transparency, and the cost over the five year contract is one FTE and it would save us the equivalent of one FTE a year! That’s huge for us.
“In all my years working in public accounting and government work, I’ve never had a contract that I got more out of than what I was told I would get. Usually you get disappointed with contracts, but OpenGov way exceeded my expectations.”
Klarryse Murphy, CFO, County of Ravalli, MT
What benefits have you seen by using OpenGov?
We’re seeing many benefits, including:
- Reduce Effort: We’re saving the equivalent of one FTE which is $70K annually including benefits and pay.
- Reduce Time: Budget preparation has been massively improved. We had a manual, time-consuming, error-prone process that produced static 20-page reports. Now it’s easy and automated, and only requires 2 pages to convey the same information.
- Eliminate Spreadsheets: Instead of having to track numerous spreadsheets, we can simply click and it’s all right there.
- Reduce Duration: We’ve saved over 30% of the time it used to take to compile our budget.
- Foster IT Upgrade: Because of OpenGov, we also upgraded from Internet Explorer to Chrome and now have a touch screen smart TV -- OpenGov helped bring us into the 21st century!