Town of Lansing, New York, Modernizes Planning Processes with OpenGov Partnership
Planning leaders for the Town of Lansing, NY, had a goal to modernize their licensing and permitting processes. That’s when they partnered with OpenGov, the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies.
The Town, in central New York, had been using Municity but found the platform outdated for planning needs. That’s when leaders, wanting to leave a legacy of modernization, invested in OpenGov Citizen Services.
With OpenGov’s digital permitting and licensing application, planning officials expect to reap several benefits:
- End-to-end processes for Building, Planning and Zoning, and Code Enforcement will be streamlined through a single application.
- Residents and businesses will be able to submit building plans and applications online, as well as pay online for permits.
- Residents can track their application status in real-time, reducing time fielding calls.
- Internal reviews will be streamlined by consolidating the approval process into an automated workflow.
- Inspectors and officers can work in the field with easy access to full application details and historical information about the property.
The Town of Lansing joins more than 1,000 public sector organizations leveraging OpenGov to revolutionize work processes with cloud-based software designed specifically for the needs of government.
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies. On a mission to power more effective and accountable government, OpenGov serves more than 1,000 agencies across the U.S. Built exclusively for the unique budgeting, financial management, and citizen services needs of the public sector, the OpenGov ERP Cloud makes organizations more collaborative, digitizes mission-critical processes, and enables best-in-class communication with stakeholders.
Published: December 23, 2021